cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with ordering a second pod - stuck in customer service loop hell!

JanineRatcliffe
Tuning in

Please bear with me this is a long story . . .

I got my first wifi pod from Virgin a couple of months ago. Ordered, turned up 3 days later, plugged in and worked brilliantly to extend the wifi through the kitchen area. We still had a very weak signal in the bedroom however so I called up on 27th June to order a second. Was told pod was on way and I'd get sent a tracking number when it was out for delivery.

Waited 7 days then called back (on Tues 4th July) to find out if there was a hold up. CS advised the pod was on the way and would definitely be there by the Friday. 

It wasn't. Rang back Friday evening (7th) and spoke to a lady who said a) the order had never gone through in the first place! and b) she was unable to order a pod because of 'issues in my area'. Wifi was fine but no matter she wasn't able to do it. I was quite frustrated by this point and she promised to call me back after 48 hours when she said she'd be able to order a pod. We set a call back time for 5pm on Sunday 9th.

She didn't call me back.

Rang virgin again on Tuesday 11th. Had a long conversation with a guy. Same answer - can't order because of issue in your area. Explained wifi was fine but system said no. Nothing he could do but promised to call me back on Thursday 13th at 3pm. He didn't call me back.

Finally called again on Thursday evening. Insisted on speaking to a manager after consulting the complaints process. Finally got through to one. He agreed that it was unacceptable and was confident he could override the system but he needed me to run a diagnostic in the room for speed and I was at work! So he said he'd call me back when I got home at 6.30. He didn't call me back.

I have spent so much time and energy chasing what should be an easy problem to solve. Every time I call I have to go through the same loop of explaining, even though I've asked them to add notes whenever I ring up. Can anyone help I don't think I can handle another tortured conversation about this! Cheers J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call backs seem to never, or very rarely happen if you read threads here.

Just wait here a couple of days for a VM Mod to pick this up and hopefully get it sorted 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call backs seem to never, or very rarely happen if you read threads here.

Just wait here a couple of days for a VM Mod to pick this up and hopefully get it sorted 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi JanineRatcliffe 

Have you tried ordering the additional pod online?

The info below is from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I did try several times. I don’t know if you’ve tried but you certainly can’t just order a pod. You get the option of live chat or calling. If you go to live chat you will usually get a bot rather than a real person. I got cut off twice on chat and then a couple of times a message came up saying they were busy but had my query and would call me back! (That old chestnut). Honestly the system couldn’t be less user freindly. 

JanineRatcliffe
Tuning in

I tried the messaging service again this morning - you are directed to WhatsApp where I've now been waiting for 5 hours for a response. Is there any way that I can get the attention of one of the VM Mods to help? Feel a bit like I've run out of options.

Hi there @JanineRatcliffe, thanks fro reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had with the team to get this Wi-Fi pod out.
I will be able to assist you on this and get this done for you.

I will send you a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ilyas I've replied to your message. After 7 hours (!) I managed to connect with an agent who assured me they have ordered a pod. I'm still a bit dubious about whether it will actually turn up - given I first ordered one on 27th June but I'll wait and see - will report back!

Thanks for the reply @JanineRatcliffe.

No worries, let us know how it goes on the delivery date.
If it doesn't work out - reach out to us back here and we'll assist to get this sorted.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JanineRatcliffe thanks for speaking with us today.

I'm glad we have been able to process this WiFi pod out for you.
As advised of the delivery date - it is within our private chat.
Let us know if you need anything else and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

JanineRatcliffe
Tuning in

Thanks for all your help Ilya - it's been a relief to get this sorted finally!