Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need another wifi booster

Moved into new house. Virgin sent a wifi booster as signal was poor upstairs. Problem solved but we have poor signal in kitchen as shown by the Connect app. House is long and thin. Called the number as shown on the app. Went round and round with the selections until back at the beginning. How do you get an additional booster?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need another wifi booster

Are you paying for them?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As I am on the Ultimate Oomph package, I don't think so

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to check.

Boosters are only free now if you’re on the Gig1 package and/or have a Hub4. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, there's no charge on my first bill which I've just rec'd but in any case I need to do something to get a quality signal into the kitchen. I was hoping that when I called the advised number from the Connect app that I would speak to a human being but sadly not. I don't think that the Virgin hub is as good as my previous BT Smart Hub 2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You may get another pair free as part of a legacy deal - you will need to call in to check.

If they want to charge rental to you - dont do it - you would be far better investing those monies in your own better quality wireless equipment that will be yours to own forever

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trouble is I can't seem to manage to speak to a human being! I reckon I'll just buy a mesh system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Calling in at 08.00 is the best time to get through to someone.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John

0 Kudos