cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an engineer visit, do I need to put Hub 5 back into router mode first?

cath8888
On our wavelength

Hi

I while ago I purchased a TP-Link Deco AX3000 and set my Hub 5 to act as a modem.  This has worked brilliantly and I have had no problems until today.

I currently cannot use my landline - it is plugged into the rear of the Hub 5.  I can make calls out but cannot receive them.  I called Virgin Media and they have said I need an engineer visit - they are coming on Friday.

Does anyone know if I need to unlink my TP Deco units and reset the Hub 5 to router mode before the engineer comes?  

If so, can anyone advise how?  it took me long enough to set it all up and I've forgotten how I set it up let alone put it back to normal.

Thanks in advance

Catherine

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Someone else may knoe better, but IIRC.. I left mine in modem mode and connected the phone line to it later.  If not just make a note os SSID's passwords security settings etc so they can easily be restored if necessary.  We can remind you of the connection sequence - see Tudor’s message 2 in here….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-in-Modem-mode/td-p/5206738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

What difference does it make if the hub is in modem mode or router mode when VM don't trust what you connect to it. Any way landline by hub works works in either mode so VM can trust what they connect to it when testing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

cath8888
On our wavelength

Thanks for the replies, I'll leave as it is then, in modem mode and hopefully the engineer can fix it. 

Thanks again