Menu
st1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need an engineer - but I cant get through to book one

Hello,

My internet connection keeps failing.

Especially whilst on zoom calls in the day with work etc.  And when home schooling.   Even when only one device is running and all others unplugged.

I distribute PPE and covid test kits and am finding the problems delay me.  My wife teaches first aid and mental health as a freelancer and her client is threatening to drop her because of negative feedback from the clients when the internet went down several times in one session.

I have called 150/151/03454541111 several times.  Spent nearly 7 hours on hold in total this past week.   

I've been cut off several times and spoken to a person just once.

That person tried to help - I had already done the classic switch off/switch on - so he sent (don't ask me how or what) "upgrades" through to us and said if they did not work for me to call back and ask for an engineer.

Sadly his fix did not work and thus I have called back to book an engineer as instructed.   But after a long hour+ on hold again I've been abruptly cut off.  The stress of the situation is awful.

Can anyone please help by explaining how do I talk to someone to book an engineer?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need an engineer - but I cant get through to book one

Is it wired or wireless connections dropping off?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
st1968
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need an engineer - but I cant get through to book one

Hello Gary - thanks for responding

To answer your question - both.   Appears worse on wifi but certainly we are losing connection into the house.   Wired devices freeze.    

Simon

0 Kudos