Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need a booster

My WiFi connect app isn’t able to connect (I’ve reset the hub, done a 60s reset etc, reinstalled the app and still no joy) but without it I don’t seem to be able to scan for WiFi black spots in order to optimise the WiFi or order an additional booster. I’ve tried the live chat a couple of times this week and been promised a call back but haven’t had any contact back from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a booster

Boosters are only free if you’re in Gig1 or have a Hub4

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have one booster and happily paying £3 per month for it, but I need a second one. Seems that they can only be ordered after doing a blackspot scan though.

I’m now paying £67 per month for basic TV package and wi-fi that doesn’t work properly. What’s another £3 a month for WiFi that (hopefully) works!

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Renting boosters for £36 per year is silly. That money can be put towards your own networking kit that you would outright own.

Your monthly payments for your contract does not include Wi-Fi as a service. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos