Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Need a booster

Have scanned rooms with the Connect App and I need 2 boosters.  The app does not give me the option to order online and I can’t seem to speak to a human being. The Live chat is useless as no one ever answers my question.  How on earth do I order the boosters?  I have 2 boys with xboxes who keep getting connection problems 🥺🥺😫😫

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a booster

Boosters are only free if you have a Gig1 connection and/or a Hub4.

Even so I would look to either get your own better equipment or run some cables to the xboxes. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I think I have the Hub 3 but not sure, it’s quite old now anyway.  It sounds like I either need to switch providers (for the amount we spend with Virgin each month I would expect to have reliable internet in the 3 bedrooms), or I need to find a helpful local person who can come and give me some advice once the Lockdown eases 🥺🥺.  I was on hold to Virgin for 1 hour and 3 minutes this evening, and it cut me off at 19.55 😡😡 Not impressed to say the least.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No ISP guarantees Wi-Fi connectivity with just their router alone - they will charge extra for multi-room boosters or extenders.

As such, Virgin do not guarantee Wi-Fi speeds either without charging or providing boosters.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If ethernet connected devices are ok (are they) - then as Gary says.. source your own wireless equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having exactly the same problem. It’s a nightmare, and so frustrating. I had a super hub 3 installed yesterday, but I used the Virgin Media Connect app, and at least two of my rooms have a poor signal. I then tried to order a booster, but just got to a page which said to phone the number 0345 454 111, which is a dead line! I then tried the live chat, which was useless, and trying to get hold of a human being at Virgin Media is impossible (I was on hold for over half an hour!). To top it all, my old Netgear range extender won’t sync to my new super hub 3. It’s all terrible, and would not recommend Virgin Media to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@GFurlonger wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem. It’s a nightmare, and so frustrating. I had a super hub 3 installed yesterday, but I used the Virgin Media Connect app, and at least two of my rooms have a poor signal. I then tried to order a booster, but just got to a page which said to phone the number 0345 454 111, which is a dead line! I then tried the live chat, which was useless, and trying to get hold of a human being at Virgin Media is impossible (I was on hold for over half an hour!). To top it all, my old Netgear range extender won’t sync to my new super hub 3. It’s all terrible, and would not recommend Virgin Media to anyone.

Based on what? Boosters aren’t free and they’re not worth the rental price. Get your own better network equipment 

0 Kudos