Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Natwest Online Banking - Login screen not loading

Hi, I hope I have submitted this on the correct board.

For the last couple of days I have not been able to log in to NATWEST Online Banking. I access Natwest website, then click Log In, and all I get is a blank webpage. In the address bar I get the following message after the www.nwolb etc - this is tagged at the end - "GenericErrorPageNoMenu.aspx?ErrorPage=EP83."

I contacted NATWEST, who state its not a problem their end, but with my IP/Server trying to get into Natwest. I have googled this problem and it appears it is to do with my IP address. My sons pc, and mobile, plus wifes mobile also tried via ethernet/wifi and could not access the page. They can however access it via their mobiles if they switch off wifi and use their phone app/provider.

I have tried various solutions, (clear cache/cookies on firefox), tried installing and using google chrome, tried firefox in safe mode etc.

I noted in one forum it mentioned Brightcloud security monitor some banks online services. I entered my IP into their Lookup page, and my IP address is shown as a high threat (spam). I have messaged them today, via their website, asking them to review my IP address which apparently takes a couple of days.

My son and I have ran virus and malware checks, on our respective pc's and nothing found on our systems.

We still cant access the online banking login screens - so is it because of the  Brightcloud issue why I cant get into the online banking login screen? Anyone had any similar issues, and if so, will Brightcloud amend my IP from high risk status?

Perhaps I should wait for a reply from Brightcloud, but was checking to see if anyone had any ideas, in case the Brightcloud aspect doesnt work.? Is it worth phoning Virgin Media, as I am not sure if they can actually do anything ref this?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Natwest Online Banking - Login screen not loading

Yes its likely their threat service is blocking your IP if it shows it as a threat. I checked my IP and it came back as clear so you’ll have to wait for BrightCloud to finish their investigation etc. on their side. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Natwest Online Banking - Login screen not loading

I managed to get onto the "Log In" page today, and everything is working fine now. I didnt get any reply from Brightcloud, but I checked and my IP address on their website and it states my IP address is now "benign".

0 Kudos