Menu
FF27
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NO WIFI FOR 2 WEEKS

My wifi has been dropping constantly for the last two weeks. It's basically unusable. My partner and I work from home and like to stream shows neither of which we've been able to do. I have had to hotspot off my phone for anything essential that needs doing. My hub is fine (I have reset it several times), when I run a test the Virgin site says there's an issue with the network but with no further info.

I have gotten no help form Virgin. My online complaints go ignored then closed. The social media team just lead me to the phone line, which either gives me a generic message about them trying to fix the issue or the call just gets dropped after holding for a while. The chatbot never gets back to me. It's almost impossible to get through to anyone. 

They have just told me to try this forum which is what I'm doing. The whole thing makes me want to leave but the fees are unbelievable. I'm paying for broadband that does not work and it is incredibly frustrating.

Sorry that was long, but I wanted it all to be clear. Hopefully some agent will read this and actually try to help. If anyone else is in a similar situation please feel free to comment because I feel very stuck right now.

0 Kudos
FrankGore
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO WIFI FOR 2 WEEKS

My wifi has just cut out completely and I have followed the suggestions in terms of resetting the hub and turning off and on.

I still have no connection, but even in the short time I have no broadband if I try and contact Virgin I get nowhere. I’m unable to speak to anyone - it’s mad

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If there is a "known issue" try this.

trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that may not cover problems affecting a few customers.

If nothing shows on either then it my have been fixed - you will need to call in to check

However is the issue only evident on wifi - that is, what happens on a device connected on ethernet cable at the time of wifi drops?

Also what Hub model do you have and what are the various lights on it showing/doing when you lose connectivity?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
FF27
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.

I have checked the service status feature, and after running a test, I get a message stating that there is a known issue in my area but that's it.

On my Hub 3, the power light is on consistently even when the connection slows or drops.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If WIFI is not working.

Did you try a WIRED Device to see if thats working ??

IMHO the WIFI on any SH (superhub) is useless. My sig Says it all.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What does the 0800 number report - I find that that is where you get best information if it is a known fault

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos