Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NO INTERNET

For the third day running my internet is down due to "an issue in my area" as you are apparently trying to make improvements to your service. This is happening every day at around 10am until 3pm. 

This is not acceptable, firstly if you are making improvements then this has previously been arranged so why do you not inform customers impacted, secondly why do you bother to offer service updates via text as I sign up to them daily but never receive a response, and thirdly why do you close your phone lines so customers cannot contact you. 

I have been raising daily complaints, sent text messages and tried to call you but no response. My job is significantly at risk now due to your poor service as I cannot do my job without the internet. 

You are supposed to be a service provider so why are you not providing the service I am paying for or atleast providing customer service to inform and explain of issues. Oh and I am still awaiting the credit onto my account from when this happened last month!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET

If internet access is 'mission critical' you could look at getting a 3G / 4G / 5G dongle from a Mobile company, or a cheap BT Line, or upping your mobile phone data, or maybe move on to a Business Account.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What does the service status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I shouldnt have to buy an dongle to get internet when I am paying Virgin a large amount of money to get internet. 

Service status always says there an issue in my area and will be resolved by 3pm, dont think my customers will be happy if I tell them I cant help them until 3pm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ISP outages occur and there's nothing that can be done.

And the times quoted are estimated fix times only.

It also doesn't help raising multiple posts as that just duplicates work for people... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Complaint-no-response/m-p/4417941

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is not a duplicate, if you read the other post you will see that is regards to a complaint about a previous issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen14,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your broadband.

I have taken a look on our side and I can see we are conducting some work in your area that could help with this. 

The estimated end time for this is: 05 NOV 2020 15:00

What I will do though is private message you to get some details incase further investigation is needed. 

^Martin

0 Kudos