Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NO INTERNET CONNECTION PLEASE HELP

Our internet went down last night, we have the Hub 3. It’s showing no lights AT ALL. I have tried speaking to chat rooms and calling Virgin Media many times and I am just being sent around in circles. Was left on hold for 34 minutes the first time I called Virgin just to be cut off and then again for 1 hour just to be cut off AGAIN. As you can understand this is very frustrating. The internet has been off since last night (Sunday 8th) and it’s still not on now (11pm Monday 9th). We have tried rebooting, resetting, unplugging and checked all cables securely, nothing is working. Extremely frustrating when we can’t even get help from Virgin. Please help us.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET CONNECTION PLEASE HELP

Hi Shirley,

Yeah the phoneline sucks. Anecdotally it looks like you'll have to hold for around 90 minutes to two hours to get through. You'll probably get disconnected around the hour mark but if you make it past that you may get to speak to someone. People on here (all whom have high post counts) will tell you there are no problems and it's your fault for calling at a busy time. They'll suggest you either phone at exactly 8am or text but again - looking at reports on social media - that won't get answered either. Your best bet is to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to answer that and it's good to get a record of when you (tried to) report the issue.

Good luck. I totally understand how frustrating this is during a pandemic when people are relying on a satble connection to work from home. We all deserve better.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does the hub have any power to it at all?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to hell!!! I've been disconnected from everything since 10.30am yesterday 😞  This is definitely the worst company i've ever had the displeasure to encounter. Have you tried [REMOVED]? It's a fault line number I got from someone. You'll get to speak to someone eventually, I can't guarantee they'll help you though. It's worth a try.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Yelserpdog 

That isn't a virginmedia phone number the only number for them are 150 from a virginmedia phone line or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone line.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is all plugged in but no lights or any sign of power on the hub. It’s not the plug socket as we have tried others. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shirleyanne,

Thanks for getting back to us on this.

I have checked remotely and can see your equipment is connected. How has everything been?

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos