cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Broad Band for 7 Days now!

TonyM
Fibre optic

Thursday 31st August Router Finally died ( would not Reboot or reset)

Engineer booked for Tuesday 5th 08.00-12.00

That engineer then gets cancelled because an area fault 1September 

(Area fault Mine was a Router Issue)

Managed to get an Engineer visit booked for 6th September 08.00-12.00 once fault cleared (so yet another day)

Engineer arrives does check and agrees the Router HH4 Is kaput!! so swaps out for new Home Hub 5 at 10.50 am

But explains that owing to issued it wont get Activated for anything up to 4-5 hours

17.00 Call Overseas call centre and then tried to activate but then told system wont be sorted until Today!

As of 07.32 this morning still NOWT!!!!

This is now 7 days with no 1gb or recorded tv progs or streaming!

Can't even use Netflix on Phone anymore as O2 signal is not good enough!!!

Come on Virgin sort this mess out! Your Current level of service is the worst I have ever known it in 22 years!!!

Oomph 1Gb + V 6 x 2 (360) + O2 Mobile is Pants
6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes - they had "activation issues" yesterday - these should be sorted now

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

Re compensation - see this -

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TonyM.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your activation.
I can look into this for you and get you up and running.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TonyM.

Thank you for sending me the account details.

Also thank you for confirming your service is now up and running.

Please can you let me know if you have any more issues or need assistance.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Gareth_L

TonyM
Fibre optic

Well 3 Days Credit!!!

what about the £25.00 for the cancelled Engineer visit so I had to wait another day!

As the fault was logged before area fault and was wireless issues with the Hub 4

So why does the area fault which started the next day Cancel a pre existing appointment?

That is a definite  fault with your Carte Blanche Approach to cancel all!

Oomph 1Gb + V 6 x 2 (360) + O2 Mobile is Pants

Any pre existing appointment are cancelled where area issues are detected, this is the same for all customers TonyM.

Rob

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM gets two clear working days to fix a fault before any compensation payment becomes due.

The missed appointment payment is applied if VM cancels an appointment and fails to give you at least 24 hours notice

If you reported the fault on 31/8/23 by phoning in, or one of the online tests, your calculation would be

31/8 to 4/9 inc. 'Payment trigger time' - £9.33
5/9 and 6/9 Two full calendar days @£9.33
7/9 Service restored?

Three payments @ £9.33 = £27.99

Your description doesn't say when exactly the service was restored so adjust the above accordingly for each extra full calendar day with no service and any missed appointment without the 24 hours notice.