Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

N4 Service failure

Yet again the broadband has gone down.  Having lost it for two weeks earlier in the year and on a couple of shorter occasions since, I am greeted with the familiar routine of 1) use the status check, turn your router off and on, 2) phone Virgin, turn router off and on again, 3) be told that the system says there are no faults and I need a new hub, 4) be told an engineer is booked, 5) check my area later on the status checker to find there is a fault which will be fixed tomorrow.  If true to form, the estimated time this issue will be fixed will now creep further into the future every time the deadline nears.  I just don’t understand how no one at Virgin knows what’s going on...

Is it just me, or do others have similar experiences?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: N4 Service failure

I can sympathise with users about not getting an answer for when a problem will be fixed, but having worked for many years in a very high profile troubleshooting and problem resolution situation I can also see VMs side. It is often very difficult to estimate fix times as there are often many outside variables. 

You can tell users a problem will be fixed in say 10 hours and when it’s not you say another 10 hours and then another. On the other hand you could say it will take 5 days to fix, but then it’s fixed in one day and they will still complain! VM can never win.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And yet again the internet has gone down, this time it is ‘estimated’ to take five days.  This is the fourth or fifth time this year and regardless of how technically difficult it may for the engineers to estimate a fix time accurately, in anyone’s book this is a particularly poor level of service provision.  And that is before we get into the customer service aspects of the internet consistent going down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexC3,

Really sorry for the issues you've had recently, I can appreciate the downtime isn't ideal. 

Whilst we do our best to run a fault free service sadly sometimes these things do happen and due to the complexity can take longer than we'd like.

Have things been fixed since your post? Have you raised this issue with the team to ensure that any relevant credits are applied? 

If you do remain unhappy about the recent service then please check out our complaints code of practice here

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos