Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

N27 error

Hello, when I start watching a on demand program or netflix etc, normally when it half way through (or less) it stops and I get an error message. Saying ethernet cable unplugged code no N27, i have restarted the box several times and checked all wires but still keep get the message, I’ve unplugged everything but it’s been going on for weeks. I’m not sure what else to do! Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: N27 error

If that's a V6 box and you have it connected on wifi - then there is the issue.

Try plugging it in with an ethernet cable (or if it is already - change it for a new one) - if that sorts it - then leave it like that permanently (best option). Or... you will need to improve the wifi signal at the location of the V6

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much it’s a tivo box not a v6 box! Should I still order a new ethernet cable? Sorry do you mean plug the ethernet cable directly into the wifi router instead of using wifi? Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh... a TiVo - a different ball game then.

TiVo's get all of their content - TV and Internet/catchup/streaming services - via the co-ax connection and its inbuilt modem - it requires no ethernet connection to the Hub's modem for full service. So why is yours connected that way - do you have other boxes connected that way? Hard to say if you need to change the cable as i'm not sure what its doing.

If the TiVo is error messaging then their must be a fault in it - or on your network connection. You will have to call it in and see what they say when they look at its connection.

Have you checked for “known network faults”?
As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ah that all sounds a bit confusing to me! I’m not the happiest with my tivo box as it is, perhaps the v6 would be the way forward here! I thought I had the most up to date box but it seems so slow! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivos are now a dated TV Box.

Remember though, for the V6 Box you need an ethernet connection or very good Wi-Fi connection to the Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As Mike says the V6 is a quantum leap ahead of the TiVo for performance.

As you thought that you had the most up to date box, are you absolutely sure yours is TiVo (large and curvy box) and not V6 smaller oblong blocky box)?

Also for the V6 to work - you MUST have VM broadband and connect it to their Hub- do you?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

tivo-v6

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much. We have two and they are both definitely TiVo boxes, they look exactly the same as the photo. We have Virgin broadband and I did a speed test it was 35, is that round about a good speed to get a V6 box and for it to not have the same ethernet connection problem as my TiVo box? I’m hoping that even with covid someone will come and install new boxes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The Tivo boxes do not need an independent internet connection, they have one built in.

If you do upgrade to the V6 boxes they will connect to the same co-ax cables that the Tivo used, and then you will have to connect them to the Hub using either ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.

As for 35Mbs, I don't know. I use ethernet cables that are not prone to interference or blocking.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos