Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: My wifi keeps dropping

@Iggy71 wrote:
My terms and conditions also state that if I give 30 days notice I can (and will) cancel your service!
Do NOT come here quoting me on what I'm supposed to be getting!

The fact is, that either your broadband isn't working properly, the superhub isn't working properly or my devices aren't working properly. However, the latter can't be right as not all of them can be faulty or have faulty settings!

As I said in my initial post on here, I lose internet across both wired and wireless connections throughout the household!

It's not my Broadband I do not and never have worked for VM - I was trying to help you start a trouble shooting process - but as you dont want to play with me - call it in as a fault or wait here till a VM person gets to you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thank you uklaserman!

I'm glad its not just me having the same issues!

When we all have to work from home and a poor BB service is preventing this, are they going to reimburse us for lost earnings?! I doubt it very much!

I'm not a technically minded person so I'm not going into my settings as I just don't feel comfortable doing so... I pay for a service and surely it should be down to VM to do that rather than them asking me to do it! Frankly, I wouldn't ask any of them to do what I do for my job as I know they wouldn't be able to so why do they think its ok for someone else to do their job for them...?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Apologies John... my bad.

I presumed you were working for VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

If uklaserman wants to post on my thread, I'm more than happy to let him... Maybe he's having the same issues as I'm having and also can't get anyone at VM to take a call or to get a call back...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

OK no probs - Chris was the VM employee (although that wasn't actually evident or proven in his forum "identity") trying to help you - and you see where that got you. 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Yep... he sent me a link with outdated information on it.

None of his images matched up to what I'm seeing and the names of what he was saying in the drop down menu's were different as well. This is so frustrating when all I want to do is to have someone from VM to call me up to speak to about it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,
I have looked at that page and it's either out of date or something different to what I'm seeing as none of the images are the same as what I'm seeing!

This isn't something that I'm happy to do so would request someone else "playing about" with my settings as I don't want to make them any worse than they already are!

With all respect, I pay for a service and I want someone to do it rather than a technician asking me to do it and sending me a link with images (and text) that don't match what I'm seeing!

PS - whilst typing this message, my internet went down AGAIN and I had to connect my laptop remotely to my 4G on my mobile phone! This is horrendous!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

UK call center is still picking up, there are several reports on here today of people getting through after short waiting times - so...

Call it in -- 08.00 sharp is the best time - although do try at other times.
Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John... I'll give that a go and see if I get anywhere with it.

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience in getting contact details as you seem to know all the extension numbers already...😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator

If you don’t want help from this community forum then call up speak to the support team who may be more inclined to assist. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos