Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

My wifi keeps dropping

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me here.

I'm having problems with my superhub as I keep losing the internet connection. Some days it can be fine, other days, I have to restart it every 30 minutes or so. It loses connection on both wired and wireless devices so it can't always be the device I'm using and when it does go down, it goes down on every device in the household! This isn't what we are paying for!

I fully appreciate the current conditions everyone is working in but we are a family that is trying to work from home and using live video streams, conferences and calls are really putting a strain on our situation to a point that its becoming unbearable!

I have tried logging in using my account details but I can't log in as we know longer use the email address that is on our account and every time I try to change the password, it keeps me going around in circles!

This is getting frustrating to the point that I WILL cancel this service soon and use another provider as I'm paying £56.85 per month and getting a VERY POOR and inadequate service!

There is no one to call to speak to! There has been no one on your twitter accounts responding to my messages so this is a last ditch attempt for someone to contact me DIRECTLY as this is the VERY LAST CHANCE before I just cancel and go with someone to provide a more stable internet connection!!!

If I don't hear anything by the end of this week, I will give you 30 days notice and cancel my account!

Please can someone get back to me!!

This is a joke now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: My wifi keeps dropping

Hi im chris bithell a virgin media technician.Please follows these steps and that should help.

https://wififix.uk/hub-3-0-wifi-improvement-range-and-performance/

If you have found this response helpfull.please add kudos and mark as a helpfull response.Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,
I have looked at that page and it's either out of date or something different to what I'm seeing as none of the images are the same as what I'm seeing!

This isn't something that I'm happy to do so would request someone else "playing about" with my settings as I don't want to make them any worse than they already are!

With all respect, I pay for a service and I want someone to do it rather than a technician asking me to do it and sending me a link with images (and text) that don't match what I'm seeing!

PS - whilst typing this message, my internet went down AGAIN and I had to connect my laptop remotely to my 4G on my mobile phone! This is horrendous!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Lets go from first base again

Are the problems you describe only evident on wifi connected devices - or do ethernet cable connected ones behave the same ?

Just to remind you (see T&C's) what you are paying for is a BB connection TO the Hub - not from it - so wifi connections are not guaranteed. So if it IS just a wifi problem you will get good advice on here on how to solve it. If its a network connection issue (on ethernet) we can help diagnose the problems and VM techs will help fix it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

My terms and conditions also state that if I give 30 days notice I can (and will) cancel your service!
Do NOT come here quoting me on what I'm supposed to be getting!

The fact is, that either your broadband isn't working properly, the superhub isn't working properly or my devices aren't working properly. However, the latter can't be right as not all of them can be faulty or have faulty settings!

As I said in my initial post on here, I lose internet across both wired and wireless connections throughout the household!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

• Can you see both the 2G and 5G bands when you search for available networks or do you just see the network name once?? I had issues with connection and had my 2G and 5G signals split and it helped massively.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I see both 2G and 5G
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem, since Friday 8th. I recorded an outage, and on Sunday when I rang, as soon as I gave my mobile number I was informed that you are working on a complex problem, it was taking time. I was offered text update, have yet to receive any. This is affecting my work as I now work at home. 

I am seeing problems on multiple devices, and I have lost Prime VIdeo and Netflix through my V6 Box. I have done all rebooting and normal things all tests say everything is ok, but its not. 

I would like clarification on your comment on T&C's. I believe that it is the hub that is the cause of this problem. Or your side of it (my laptop says I connect to Wifi but no internet service.). But surely you are responsible for a hub in good working order. If it doesn't deliver a suitable wifi signal, its no good if the BB is OK. 

I am now quite aware of a number of people on VM having these problems. Can't help but wonder if this has something to do with mergin with O2!

This needs sorting soon, VM are not delivering what they are paid for.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Please don’t title your post “my WiFi keeps dropping” if both wired and wireless connections drop.

Its misleading and leads to the wrong information being provided to you. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Uklaserman - please start your own thread not hijack others. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos