cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wifi booster

Kev23
Tuning in

Hi 

As a result of having no Internet in the back half of my house I spoke to a virgin media customer service representative, and after doing several speed checks they said they would send out a wifi booster to solve the problem.

3 weeks has now passed and I'm yet to receive it.

Can someone please let me know how long it will be until I receive the item, as I'm a new customer and if this does not get resolved I will be going back to my old provider who's hub seems a lot better.

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Unless the VM Pods are bundled free with your package it is cheaper to buy your own Wi-Fi Repeaters.

Hi 

Yes, it states as part of my contract that I'm entitled to 3 VM pods if my wifi is less than 18mb within certain areas of my household, and I'm finding that in my kitchen area I'm getting around 8mb through the WiFi and up stairs my baby monitor in our daughters nursery which runs off the wifi keeps disconnecting as the wifi drops out and I would say it around 12 meters away from the hub.

The VM router just seems a lot poorer than our previous ISP. 

I'm hoping a VM pod will resolve the issue.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kev23,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some WiFi issues around the home, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm