cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virgin router has died/no longer powers on

Badmullafo
Tuning in

I have had my virgin media router for around 3 years now, unfotuntately it looks like it died last night. When its turned on there are no lights - its plugged in and I have tested it with several plug sockets to make sure its not a faulty plug socket

I ran through the online troubleshooting which ended up taking me to a section where I booked an engineer to come out this Saturday - I don't want to waste time on this, I'd rather have a new router sent out as I depend on internet access as I am currently working from home. I'm pretty sure the engineers diagnosis will be "it needs replacing"

If someone could help me get a new one sent out that would be great

Thanks

Alex

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
The engineer will bring a router! (ALways take the technician appointment!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I assumed that might be the case, I don't want to add additional delay if its not - if it's quicker for them to just send me a new one then that would suit me fine, my router is quite old now anyway and I have been an existing customer for a few years so I am perhaps due a hardware upgrade (it's a 3.0 hub)?

I suppose waiting until Saturday isn't the end of the world as long as my mobile tethering holds up I can continue to work - albeit at slower speeds!

Thanks

Alex

They are classing anything form Superhub 2AC onwards (depending on package) as servicable!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Badmullafo 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

At the moment there is a router shortage and we have been stopped from sending replacement out without an engineer visit. 

Hopefully they will be able to get this all resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, the engineer came yesterday and he switched out the router as it was broken - I've had it for at least 3 years so its lasted pretty well

As was suggested he replaced it with another and our service has been restored 🙂

Thanks for the support

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update, that's amazing 🙂

Glad the router was replaced and service restored. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs