Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My speeds are shocking

I have just had Virgin Media installed and it is shocking. I am getting between 2 and 110 mb. One minute it's 110 the next it won't connect. I have received a booster today which has made no difference whatsoever. My neighbour had it installed at the same time but through her existing router and hers is fine. Mine is barely usable and it's constantly up and down. I have been onto their support but the solution was a booster. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My speeds are shocking

I’m assuming these are WiFi speeds?

Advertised speeds only apply to wired connections and not WiFi.

Are your wired speeds and connectivity working ok?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, this is wifi. I don't have ethernet ports. 

I understand they are 'up to' speeds but 2mb isn't usable. What is confusing me is that at my furthest away I can get 110, then in the next room at another time I am not getting 10mb. I am not expecting miracles but it needs to be usable in the whole house all of the time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Worth a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and also at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends – disconnect them and then reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disable the “smart” WiFi/channel optimisation on the hubs admin pages. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos