cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My hub3 is showing red light!

Chizz1
Joining in

I’ve tried all the possible things to resolve this but my hub is still sowing red light and my network trips off a lot more. At the moment, the network is gone I’m unable to use it. Please help. I’ve switched from modem to router mode, same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chizz1, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to Chris. He is out of the office so I've picked this up in his absence. 

The red light on the Hub isn't something we can resolve remotely so I have booked you in for the next available engineer appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chizz1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the hub 3 is showing a red light. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Client62
Legend

Run the Hub 3  menu option  "Network diagnostic tool",
scroll down through the results to Temperature - is it normal or not ?

Chizz1
Joining in

Please where do I find this menu option? On the app?

Hi Chizz1, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to Chris. He is out of the office so I've picked this up in his absence. 

The red light on the Hub isn't something we can resolve remotely so I have booked you in for the next available engineer appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath

You're very welcome Chizz1 and please let us know how the visit goes, if you get chance to do so that is 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you Steven, the visit went well and the hun was replaced 

Hi @Chizz1 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know how the visit went.

Please do pop back to the team if you ever need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill