Menu
Hafsa_Begum
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My enginner not turning up and saying I wasn’t home

My engineer was suppose to come today, I was waiting outside my door 7am-12pm and it didn’t arrive. I kept looking until 4pm and still couldn’t be found. Called customer service and said he came at 10:30?!?! He described the outside of it wrong too. No doorbell or knock at the door. It seemed like the engineer forgot about it and just said a description of a house which was a complete opposite. My son’s online presentation is also tomorrow as well as setting exams. It’s 9:55pm and no WiFi since 17th feb. Could a fourm team contact me or give me an engineer in the morning? It’s quite a shame as I just joined and it seems to have a bad first impression 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer Failed To Attend

As you've surely worked out by now that isn't going to happen, I would suggest setting up your smartphone to tether for internet for your son in the morning.

I will ask for this to be flagged for chase up ASAP but I do recommend trying to reach customer services in the morning.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: My enginner not turning up and saying I wasn’t home

Hi Hafsa_Begum, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry to hear that you did not receive your tech visit.  Did you receive a text message the evening before confirming the appointment?  I ask as this would confirm if we have the correct mobile number on your account.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Hafsa_Begum
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: My enginner not turning up and saying I wasn’t home

I didn’t even revive a text or a phone number. I have checked many times and I have put my phone number on my account. I’ve booked one for tomorrow but if they don’t turn up I’m gonna be cancelling my services because this is 2 weeks without internet 

0 Kudos
Hafsa_Begum
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have tethered my internet but it’s very laggy for him. I have booked another appointment and I hope this doesn’t happen again. I’ve seen it happen to others on posts 

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You normally get a text message day before and you have to confirm the appointment..followed by some Covid questions.

Do you have the correct mobile number linked to the account? 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry. I cannot confirm the number we have on our system publicly, but I can confirm I have asked the tech to call when on their way to you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Hafsa_Begum
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I do, engineer didn’t text at all but confirmation came. My house doesn’t have a front parking spot so I need to text him to come from the back of the house. Problem is I don’t have a text from him, let’s hope tomorrow’s appointment is better

0 Kudos
Hafsa_Begum
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for telling me I’ll tell you the results tomorrow 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Please do keep us informed.  I wish you the very best of luck.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos