cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My connection keeps dropping

coldfusion0
On our wavelength

my hub is configured into modem mode and using Netgear nighthawk rax40 for routing.

sometimes 2 to 3 a week

I checked hub network log on the hub before the connection dropped there was two events

03/05/2022 23:16:43noticeSW download Successful - Via NMS
03/05/2022 23:15:19noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS

I really want to fix this as it's becoming annoying now

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

So a software update appears to have been downloaded to the hub.

Try a reboot and if no joy factory reset 

you’ll need to put back into modem mode if factory reset 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

hoadster
Joining in

I've had a similar issue before where in the router logs you can see a Software download by Virgin Media (usually around 23:30) and then the following day my Wi-Fi signal does work and devices can't connect to the internet.  I then have to hard reset the router and re-enter all my security and router configs.  Pretty poor from Virgin Media IMO.  They should either tell me they are downloading stuff to my router beforehand or give me a choice of when the update happens.  I wasted another hour today sorting out my router after one of Virgin Media's software updates.  It's not good enough given the increased dependency on broadband due to people WFH.  Fortunately I am reasonably knowledgeable about technology but these sorts of bad software updates must be causing numerous calls to Virgin Media technical support.  Virgin Media need to grow up and accept that broadband is now a vital service that people depend on like water, electricity, online banking, and these sorts of issues are no longer acceptable.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @coldfusion0,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I have looked into this and can see that there is an issue with your downstream power levels that need a technician to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L