Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My broadband connection continually drops out during Teams calls.

I use Teams for work calls. I upgraded by package to 200mbps back in spring to accommodate working from home. However, my teams calls continually drop out - on average once per call over the course of 8-10 calls per day. In some cases they reconnect quickly, other times they don't. This is now a high nuisance and stressful experience and despite trying on numerous occasions I have been unable to speak to anyone at Virgin Media about the problem. How can it be resolved? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My broadband connection continually drops out during Teams calls.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wireless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please try on a wired connection and confirm if the drops still occur

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your suggestion. I have bought an ethernet and been using it for the last 5 days. While it has improved the rate of drop outs and they seem to be shorter, my connection still does out at least once per call. Are there any other actions you would recommend me to take?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @flenno,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection, are you still experiencing the daily dropouts?

I have looked into your account and cannot see anything that would be causing the issues that you're having. Do the dropouts happen at certain times of the day such as early evening or does it happen at different times?

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Yes dropouts still happening - at least once per call! Frequency has increased over the past week. Also experiencing more incidents of the WiFi dropping completely for 5-10mins at a time.

Really unsatisfactory so would value any help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @flenno,

That's not good to hear, I was hoping your issues would have been resolved for you. 

Please could you perform a pinhole/factory reset of your hub?

You can do this by holding in the reset button on the back of your hub for around 40 to 60 seconds, hopefully this will help with the stability problems. Please let me know if this helps at all.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is it just the Teams calls that are dropping or the connection in it's entirety?

0 Kudos