Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My WiFi speed slower!

Hi, my WiFi connection speed was said as being upto 100 mbs when I signed up with Virgin Media. I've paused my laptop as this speed is around 70 mbs but if I'm gonna transfer music files from Apple music to my Amazon account using free your music then I need higher transfer speed!! Please can anybody advise me if I would need booster or if due to placement of my hub 3! I need faster WiFi - [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My WiFi speed slower!

I take it your contacted speed is 100Mbs - yes ?

What speed is required to transfer the music files ?

Are you transferring the files over the LAN or the internet ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos