Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My LG Smart tv no longer recognises WiFi signal

After several years of working my LG smart tv (49UB850V) cannot find the wireless connection to my hub 3.0. Very occasionally I had to reconnect it but this was only 3 or 4 times a year. However as of yesterday 2nd November 2019 it can’t find the wireless connection. I have tried hidden networks, WPS connection but nothing works. It DOES work using an Ethernet cable but I’ve had to buy a long cable and drape it around fitted furniture and a fireplace and it’s not ideal. I’ve tried changing the DNS setting and of course resetting the tv (what a pain) and hub. All other devices including the Xbox, which lives under the tv, work perfectly on wireless. 
Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Has there been an update to the hub that might have affected connection to the tv?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My LG Smart tv no longer recognises WiFi signal

I have had problems connecting my 2 yr old LG via WiFi as well so much so that I now have it connected via ethernet as it kept dropping the signal so often. My tv is 6 inches from the Hub so (luckily) I can easily connect it by ethernet. I found that I would have to power the tv off (and switch off at the plug), wait a few minutes and then power it back on again before it would connect via WiFi. This became very tedious thus why I went the ethernet option. I appreciate that's not practical in your case. Have you checked that the tv's software is up to date? While you are still connected via ethernet, go into the settings and make sure it has the latest software update. I would also make sure Smart WiFi is turned OFF in the Hub settings. Not sure if they will help your particular situation but you can then rule those out if the issue still persists. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ve only tried switching off including at the wall once so will try that again, otherwise having acquired a very long Ethernet cable I connected using that and it worked fine. So it’s clearly the tv not talking to the hub anymore. I checked the software (fine) and switched off smart WiFi and still no joy. Having gone to the effort of buying the cable I think I’ll see if I can somehow lay it between the tv and the hub. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It does sound more TV related BUT have you checked that both 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz are broadcasting from the modem? It's possible the TV can only see 2.4 and it's not broadcasting it.

0 Kudos