Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Internet KEEPS going off

Literally fed up how rubbish Virgin Media has become.  We router and STILL the same issues. No internet. Thus no one can do there work or nothing. Service status states nothing wrong..So we cannot register a fault. Customer service centres around they being right and how to not help the customer. Why is it with a new bloody router as advised by your tech team..who was adamant it's a router issues...has again developed faults? Why does it say no faults on service status? Why does my internet keeps going off? Why do you guys still maintain that you are a premium company with premium internet prices and yet we have to pay 3 times more for the worst service. Fed up. Really am. Constant lies. Always have people coming to talk to me in mot helping stating that they are blameless. Fed up 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Internet KEEPS going off

Do you want help or are you just having a moan? 

If you want help what have you tried to remedy the fault? What devices does it affect? Is it just WiFi or cabled devices also? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Restarted the router million times. Rebooted it. It's happening with every device. The light keeps changing on the router quite often. I havnt used anything wired in years. Infact this is now alarming as now there isn't any internet at all for hours. The wifi connects at times with message stating "internet unavailable". Every device in our home doesn't work. The guy on the phone said it's router issues few days ago..when the internet kept getting disconnected alot of time during the day, ordered a new hub 3, as I had the old one...connected It today and it's even worse! The whole family needs the internet working for work tommorow ( Yes I know we are not business customer etx etc) and I 've been stressed out all night till 4.32am, awake...need it fixed. I mean it doesn't even say on service if it's a fault in the n21 area. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It just sounds like poor signal levels.

Go to http://192.168.100.1/ click check router status (Do not log in), Copy the bits from Upstream and Downstream and post them here.

If you have another device with internet (like 4g/whatever) then visit https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status while it's down and run a test on your Broadband.  That site should also list if any faults are happening in your area.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos