Menu
crkm51
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 77
Flag for a moderator

My IP is blacklisted

Hi

I cannot access a particular domain (Easily.uk) and a website I have hosted by Easily. Technical Support at Easily say this is because my IP is blacklisted and that I must contact Virginmedia to get the blacklist removed

MX Tools https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a80.6.112.212&run=toolpage

tells me the IP address is blacklisted by Barracuda, SORBS DUHL, Spamhaus ZEN.

I am having no problem accessing any other site on the internet. I am having no problem with email.

Please advise

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christie Marrian

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: My IP is blacklisted

Go to >> THIS << webpage and see what is says.

Post the report back here.

ENSURE that you don't include any personal information.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
crkm51
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 77
Flag for a moderator

The IP Address xxx.xx.xx.xx did not receive a bad risk score.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 77
Flag for a moderator

remove your IP address form the post
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 77
Flag for a moderator

@crkm51 wrote:

The IP Address 80.X.YYY.ZZZ did not receive a bad risk score.

You need to contact the websites that you have been blocked from and ...

1. Ask them why they have blocked you.

2. Remove the block.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
crkm51
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 77
Flag for a moderator

The last E-mail from Easily.uk technical support is copied below

Hi,

The ticket # 5292857 that was submitted for curtc.net, regarding your portal access related issue, has returned from our investigation.

Please be informed that during our testing we were able to login to your portal without any issues (https://portal.easily.uk/portal/). Also, during our investigation, we have determined that the IP address you are attempting to login with (xx.xx.xx.xx) is present on several blacklists.

Please refer to the following link: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3axx.xx.xx.xx&run=toolpage

In order to resolve the issue, contact your Internet Service Provider and request that they remove your IP from blacklists and improve its reputation. Once it is done, the issue will be resolved. 

We have now closed the ticket in regard to this matter. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to continue working with you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards, 

Technical Support Team
Easily.uk

0 Kudos
crkm51
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Post edited to clarify...

So Easily tell me to contact Virgin Media (I have spoken to Easily on numerous occasions and they say it is the blacklist not their problem)

and

The advise from the Virgin Media forum is for me to contact Easily....

I'm stuck

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Look at it this way.

If you want VM to take on the problem you have to find the department that looks after blacklisting and then wait for it to get to the front of the queue.

Or ...

You get onto Easily and ask the for the reason you have been blocked - you must have been blocked for a reason.

In the meantime it would be advisable to carry out deep anti virus checks on ALL the devices that use the internet connection.

My guess is that your IP address has a history of malware attempting to access websites.

0 Kudos
crkm51
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for the help, apologies for thinking you were part of VM

Easily say my IP is blacklisted because of the results shown at MX Tools, ie  Barracuda, etc. They absolutely refuse to do anything about removing the blacklist. 

This has been going on since March. I'd move the site but I can't access the Easily portal to get a backup.

As I mentioned before, no other problems with anything else on the internet.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 77
Flag for a moderator

You need to find the reason that you have been blacklisted.

It is not a VM problem.

I suppose you could liken the problem to getting a traffic offence summons with no details on it, you wouldn't go to the car dealership to sort it out.

0 Kudos