Menu
Reply
bo8er
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
378 Views
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My Hub 3 can't detack using Eternet cable

I just join Virgin Media Hub 3 last week and am really disappointed with it & the customer service. This afternoon I called customer service & spent more than 3 hrs, keep disconnected & they didn't bother to call me back.

Why my Hub 3 can't detach my NVR using Ethernet cable? It seems like the Hub 3 has problems, and I want to leave it now, really disapponted, just join 1 week ago.

0 Kudos
Reply
MikeRobbo
  • 15.27K
  • 1.17K
  • 1.94K
Alessandro Volta
351 Views
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detack using Eternet cable


@bo8er wrote:

I just join Virgin Media Hub 3 last week and am really disappointed with it & the customer service. This afternoon I called customer service & spent more than 3 hrs, keep disconnected & they didn't bother to call me back.

Why my Hub 3 can't detach my NVR using Ethernet cable? It seems like the Hub 3 has problems, and I want to leave it now, really disapponted, just join 1 week ago.


Do you mean that the NVR can't connect to the Hub 3 using ethernet cable ?


*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Reply
bo8er
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
330 Views
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Eternet cable

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it can't detect my NVR. Keep trying to change the other Ethernet ports, but still the same, keep changing other ethernet cables but still the same.

I can't use all the ethernet ports at all, in fact when I connect my computer using ethernal cable, it can't detect at all.

0 Kudos
Reply
MikeRobbo
  • 15.27K
  • 1.17K
  • 1.94K
Alessandro Volta
328 Views
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Eternet cable

Try a pin hole / factory reset using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.


*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Reply
bo8er
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
323 Views
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Eternet cable

I had done it/pin hole resetting yesterday but still the same. 

0 Kudos
Reply
MikeRobbo
  • 15.27K
  • 1.17K
  • 1.94K
Alessandro Volta
321 Views
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Eternet cable


@bo8er wrote:

I had done it/pin hole resetting yesterday but still the same. 


Did you use the exact method I gave you ?


*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Reply
bo8er
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
314 Views
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Eternet cable

Yes, yesterday I was guided by Virgin customer service on the phone.

I just turn on my computer & check it again using Ethernet cable connected to my computer, and it detect my computer using ethernet cable now, but still not detect my NVR, even keep changing the cable. The yellow light is on, but not detection at all.

My previous provider modem detected my nvr straight away when I connected to my nvr, but not this Virgin Hub 3

0 Kudos
Reply
carl_pearce
  • 4.74K
  • 405
  • 712
Superstar
311 Views
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Eternet cable


@bo8er wrote:

Yes, yesterday I was guided by Virgin customer service on the phone.

I just turn on my computer & check it again using Ethernet cable connected to my computer, and it detect my computer using ethernet cable now, but still not detect my NVR, even keep changing the cable. The yellow light is on, but not detection at all.

My previous provider modem detected my nvr straight away when I connected to my nvr, but not this Virgin Hub 3


What is an NVR (Network Video Recorder?).

It's not by any chance set to a static IP outside the range of the VM HUB (VM is 192.168.0.x, other ISPs are 192.168.1.x)?

0 Kudos
Reply
bo8er
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
279 Views
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Ethernet cable

Yes, Network Video Recorder.

I just spoke with customer service & they have admitted Hub 3 ethernet ports have problems. They agree to send their senior engineer to fix the problem & replace it with Hub 4, so I will wait & see, if they can't solve the problem, I can leave without any pinalties.

I really hope the engineer can fix it !

I can't do anything at moment until the hub can connect & detect my nvr.

0 Kudos
Reply
carl_pearce
  • 4.74K
  • 405
  • 712
Superstar
270 Views
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Hub 3 can't detect using Ethernet cable


@bo8er wrote:

Yes, Network Video Recorder.

I just spoke with customer service & they have admitted Hub 3 ethernet ports have problems. They agree to send their senior engineer to fix the problem & replace it with Hub 4, so I will wait & see, if they can't solve the problem, I can leave without any pinalties.

I really hope the engineer can fix it !

I can't do anything at moment until the hub can connect & detect my nvr.


Could you answer my question regarding the IP address?

If the IP address is statically set on the NVR the HUB would not detect it in a different range.

0 Kudos
Reply