Menu
Sonnyblack
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My 2.4ghz WiFi not working?

Please Help!

my 2.4ghz WiFi is not working all day? I have devices that can only connect to 2.4ghz not working now like baby cameras etc etc.

My 5 ghz & wired stuff works. I separated into 2.ghz & 5ghz on advice from Virgin media engineer & has been working fine for months. I recently got a new modem from Virgin aswell 

Is there a problem with signal in my area?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
stuiepat
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: My 2.4ghz WiFi not working?

I've had the same, since ive "upgraded" to gig1 on the hub 4 i've had issue after issue, devices not able to connect etc, can't have a live chat and can never get through by calling, not getting the service i'm paying for, plug in and play they said.

0 Kudos
Sonnyblack
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does anybody from Virgin Media actually respond in here or am I wasting my time??

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Sonnyblack wrote:

Does anybody from Virgin Media actually respond in here or am I wasting my time??

Not one day! you could not wait one day!

If wifi is bad then a better wireless router with 1Gb ports likely will help and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Sonnyblack
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My 2.4ghz WiFi is not working. Wanted some help from Virgin media staff member? Is that not why this forum is here? They don’t answer anything else. 

0 Kudos
Sonnyblack
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A day later & still no reply?? Happy now?

0 Kudos
Sonnyblack
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did get a few messages saying congrats you got a new badge!!! Amazing 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Sonnyblack wrote:

A day later & still no reply?? Happy now?

Well when I mean one day it was that you didn't wait one day so for a VM to look at your case without bumping your port can take over 7 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Sonnyblack wrote:

My 2.4ghz WiFi is not working. Wanted some help from Virgin media staff member? Is that not why this forum is here? They don’t answer anything else. 

No it's not - these are the VM Community Fora  where users pass on their experience and try and help people sort their issues.  So if you dont want that then this is not Its a Hotline into VM - only the phone guarantees that - and you have to call in at 08.00 to get through quickly.  VM do respond on here but can take 5-10 days to respond.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
wolfyccfc
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Exact same issue I had when upgrading to hub4, 2.4 network appeared randomly and would not connect to Sonos or camera system. I waited 2 hours on the phone managed to get an engineer visit who fitted a new router and set it all up. No had a problem since other than a couple of random router reboots it was around November I had the issue.

I think there are a few dodgy hub4s around and it’s pot luck what you get

0 Kudos