cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to 600mbps

DeanHowes
Tuning in

I've just agreed an upgrade which includes the 600mbps B/B and the salesman said the Super hub 3 will be sent out for me to replace VM super hub 2ac which I use in modem mode connecting to my own TP-link Ac3200 router (The Super hub 2 ac on its own was rubbish). So when I swap out the Super hub and put it into modem mode, will I have to create a NEW network for wifi devices connected to my router or can I connect the hub to the router (as before) and the old network will work? If yes, what happens to the old network? I def want to use my own router as the super hub was poor at getting signals throughout my property even though it only a 3 bed semi. 

21 REPLIES 21

Just done - and got the following download readings each test run immediately after the other
369,- 389, - 330, 549,- 615. 623, - 323, - 472, - 386, - 366
all uploads were 42 each time.
So although the average is still way too low there was a couple of hits in the right region. I will carry out more over the next few hours. Great info on the single device connection in modem mode!

So update, I carried on running speed test overnight and progressively things became more stable with only the occasional High and low readings. This was for for wired connections both direct from the super hub 3 and also through my own TP-link AC3200 router. All tests were carried out using the main OOKLA speed test site, as I wanted a record but I noted that VM own speed test for the Super hub 3 is also provided by OOKLA albeit with a moderated interface. Guess what? massive speed increase indicated..... go figure! So either the Broadband pixies have gone away or the main OOKLA site is not very accurate. I cant help being a bit suspicious though, (it feels like Audi/VW may have a hand in the software'). As the speed readings have improved and are not so wildly fluctuating I cancelled the engineer visit. 

Then I spoke to retentions concerning my rubbish pricing....... and got precisely nowhere!. They are not even providing new 360 boxes in place of my original V6 and older Tivo. So I'm in a contract providing a top service (which I like but don't need). Must remember to dump my package at 18 months and never let it roll on as you just get shafted. Blue light workers discount is only for new customers and only until Oct 3.  Hope my experience helps others. Thats the end of this thread I think.....Thanks to all who helped me out