cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router to another room

Liam64
Joining in

Hi,

My router is currently in my hallway, and I'd like it moving to another room so I can more conveniently use wired connections for my devices.

Does the £25 charge cover the cost of Virgin coming out, drilling from outside the house into the new room, and relocating the wall socket?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes they will do that if it is physically possible around the outside of your property - or perhaps see if internal routing is an alternative  - but it will be your decision.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes they will do that if it is physically possible around the outside of your property - or perhaps see if internal routing is an alternative  - but it will be your decision.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Liam64
Joining in

Wonderful, in which case, could a a VM team member get in touch to arrange that once they see this message? Thanks!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

May take a day or two - call it in this should be one of the more straightforward requests !

--------------------
John
--------------------

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Liam64,

I can certainly look into getting this raised through for you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message, if you have not used this service before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

Hi Liam64,

Thanks for chatting with me and Joe in our Private Messages 🙂 

We were able to book this appointment in for you. If you need to check, change or cancel the appointment you can do so within your MyVM Account under "Orders". 

Please let us know how the visit goes! 👨‍🔧 

Thanks,

Megan_L