cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router price

YoungWidow
Joining in

My router is upstairs and I need it downstairs soon.  I've read here on the forum that it costs £99 which is fair enough, but how do I go about arranging it when I'm ready please?

I've got the room for it downstairs now but the area needs a significant clean and I need to move my 3-in-1 printer down here first too otherwise the Virgin bod won't be able to access it lol

I've already got wireless Wi-Fi set up but I'm disabled and can't physically go upstairs to look at the lights on the router then downstairs to see if the problem has been fixed then back upstairs to try something else then downstairs to check it then back upstairs etc etc.  It was fair enough when my late hubby was alive 'cos he could be down here and I could be upstairs and we could yell the answers to each other while he was on the phone to Virgin.  I'm disabled and already significantly struggle to get up and down stairs once a day so there is no safe way that I can do that any more.  I can't take my laptop or phone upstairs with me either because I use both hands for stability as approved by an OT at the end of last week, so, for the sake of my health, the router needs to be downstairs.

When I've been able to get the printer out of the way, how do I go about arranging the moving of the router please?

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just call it in - this is a routine job for CS to book in for you.

Call on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

The good news is that it is just £25 now 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just call it in - this is a routine job for CS to book in for you.

Call on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

The good news is that it is just £25 now 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

!!! 

Thank you so so much!  Sounds like I need to get the duster out soon so that I can ask my wonderful siblings-in-law to bring the printer down for me and help me to get it set up again then I'll definitely call it in!