Menu
Jennacollinge12
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving house and virgin media don’t supply

Hi I’m in process of moving home, I can’t get through to speak to anyone via phone and long waiting times to discus my options. Online chats can’t help and just re start the same conversation each time. 

My new house is a council house and unexpectedly offered. It does not supply virgin media as it is a non cabled area. I am a new customer and reading online forums they have been charged over £200. I am worried about the high fees that may occur as I will have to cancel my services and a new contract. I can’t order new internet as I’m still in contract with virgin media and can’t get through to speak to anyone, I am worried about costs.

has anyone had these charges waived or been given any options or solutions. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house and virgin media don’t supply

Virgin’s early termination fees can be calculated from the linked page below:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early... 

Technically you are in breach of your contract terms as you agreed to take the services at your current address for at least the minimum period. They will only waive the fees if the address you are moving to is serviceable. The same contract clause is common to all service providers.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jennacollinge12
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean if the address is serviceable 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

serviceable means if the property can have virgin services.
you said it can't so you will need to cancel your services and pay the early termination fees as it is you that is breaking the contract.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the contract is clear on this one. You agree to take services at the installed (current) address for the minimum term.

The EDF charges apply to anyone canceling within the contract.
VM will waive the fees if you take services with you to your new home. As this is not possible the EDF is valid.

If they were not charged people would be signing up for 2 months and canceling losing VM loads of money and putting hte price up for everyone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos