Menu
TMas
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving homes

I have had a change of circumstances and am being forced to move homes, I was requested to move with my package, however, this is not possible as virgin media advised that they have not serviced this area yet, now I have to pay more than £200.00 for early termination, and also return their equipment, 

i don’t understand why I have to pay an early termination, I am not terminating my contract but it’s virgin media who do not have services in this area. I am having to move because of change of circumstances, already am struggling and virgin media wants me to pay for services that they are not going to be offering, 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving homes

Unfortunately this does regularly crop up on the forums and all the info about it is covered here

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#movin...

EDF is capped at £240 and you should not have to pay more than you would have paid had you stayed. You can work out the EDF here yourself

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

and double check they match with what VM is telling you they want you to pay.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TMas,

Welcome to our Community Forum. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to understand that you had to move houses due to unforeseen circumstances.

Apologies that we do not service the area that you are moving to. You can always check this on our Postcode Checker.

As previously advised by @goslow, our Early Disconnection Fees cap at £240 and are written into your contract when you joined our services. Apologies about any inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TMas
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pauline 

thanks for taking time to respond to my message, however, I cannot afford the early termination fees and would like to arrange for a payment plan. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi TMas,

Truly sorry, but a payment plan for an early disconnection fee is not something we're able to arrange.

It would need to be paid in full.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
TMas
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply but this is not about EDF, it is about Virgin Media and how they treat their customers. I am clearly stating that I have had a change of circumstances and having to move, wanted to move with my package but virgin media have not serviced the area, now I have to pay virgin media’s inability to device certain areas as paying for unplanned change of my circumstances that everyone in the whole world are aware that Covid has had a significant impact on everyone, is this fair? 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi TMas

Sorry to hear this. 

Disconnection fees would still be charged and need to be paid 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos