Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

Hi, I am moving my home, I have virgin media broadband and tv 

I have checked the post code on their website they have the coverage in our area 

they can find  my building door number but they are saying in theri system it shows 1 property but it is a block of flats and all flats are registered they have council taxes and all other utitilites are registered even they are saying there is a active connection at the address but not on my flat number 

After a long conversation they are saying they have cancel my contract and i have to pay early exit fee 

I think it is unfair as i wanted the service , they cant provide the service i dont know why because there is active connection in the building so they cant say they cant provide the service 

they are very keen to cancel the contract and charge me the exit fee 

Please need suggestions 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

If you move home to one that does not have VM services then you will be charged an early exit fee as you are effectively breaking the contract.

Why they cant provide you service - only VM can answer that - but it may be because they already have the maximum number of customers connected to their network at that locale, or they dont normally install in flats above the first floor unless the internal/external wiring and/or ducting has already been installed, etc.

A VM person should get here in a day or two and give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

or maybe the flats used to be one house that was converted. It may be that they only have provisions for one connection to the building.

For that reason, you are moving to a unserviceable place and the EDF will apply

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos