• 1
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving external cable

We are having our front door replaced soon and currently have a cable running to a Virgin Media box outside through a hole in the door frame. How do we contact someone about getting a technician out to move the cable? 

0 Kudos
  • 15.86K
  • 2.1K
  • 4.98K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving external cable

Hi @Lucy16 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.


I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Love, love and love, forever - Pele

  • 6.57K
  • 275
  • 440
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving external cable

Hi Lucy16, thanks for the message. 

This would be a chargeable visit for £25, please let us know if you wish for us to book this in for you. 

Kind regards, Chris.