cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving and no decent wifi available?

leb2021
Joining in

Hi,

When i check my wifi options at a property I am moving too it shows up as having all virgin media availability, however as soon as i check the website it does not appear? Live chat just repeats its not available, however all broadband checkers etc indicates it is

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Using the VM checker is it just the one property that is missing or does the whole post code not have coverage ?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker

It says unavailble for a few that I checked. It just seems strange that all other wbsites when typing in the specific address states virgin media offers wifi. Furthermore the plca I'm currently living also said the same! and then after posting on here they said it is actually avilable 

If there is no availability for the whole Post Code on the VM site, it is because there are no Virgin cabinets or cables in that street.

There are many internet service checker and they my run off the same faulty data. 

Some show Talk Talk FTTC at our address but it not & fails as soon as an order is attempted.

Ahh this is really upsetting, as this might affect us going forward with the new place. We both game and so need decent WiFi, and I don't know if the 70mbps will be enough for us. Really frustrating that it should up in multiple places as being able to have speeds way above this 

Hi leb2021 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I will send you a private message now so I can request the address and I will see what I can find out for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Download speed is not the only critical factor for gaming. You only need high speed when downloading large games.

Latency is more critical and you may find that 70Mbps VDSL is perfectly adequate for gaming.

Read down this page and see what gamers say about using Virginmedia with its variable latency. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/bd-p/gaming

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.