Menu
Mattwfar
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Moving WFI box

Hi, I am wanting to move my virgin box to a different location in the house and I would understand this would come with a charge of money. I am currently experiencing slow speeds in the house which I need it most and I have it currently where I do not need it so much. I already have WiFi boosters and they are working but not getting great strength in the first place. I cannot seem to find the necessary contact information to get this across to virgin as when I ring I can't speak to an actual person to get this sorted.

Thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving WFI box

@Mattwfar wrote:

Hi, I am wanting to move my virgin box to a different location in the house and I would understand this would come with a charge of money. I am currently experiencing slow speeds in the house which I need it most and I have it currently where I do not need it so much. I already have WiFi boosters and they are working but not getting great strength in the first place. I cannot seem to find the necessary contact information to get this across to virgin as when I ring I can't speak to an actual person to get this sorted.

Thanks

you’re better off taking the £99 you’d spend on a nonfault callout and putting it towards a better wifi solution that will result in better wifi across the whole property.. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It depends. You can move the hub and keep just the hub.

Or, put the £100 cost towards a better router or mesh system and ditch the boosters as well.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Mattwfar
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's what I was planning is just moving the hub as I personally think it would provide the best option as it is a bigger house than usual and so just getting a new router wouldn't work as well personally but i can't seem to find the contact to get this actually done 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I doubt very much moving the hub will help.

But it's your call.. the better advice has been given above (twice).

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Mattwfar wrote:

That's what I was planning is just moving the hub as I personally think it would provide the best option as it is a bigger house than usual and so just getting a new router wouldn't work as well personally but i can't seem to find the contact to get this actually done 

it’s your money, but prepare to be underwhelmed.

this will probably give you a better outcome, and it’s only £30 more than having virgin move the hub,.,, 

0 Kudos
Mattwfar
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I do currently have the Google WiFi mesh ones and they cover the whole hous so I just thought it has to be virgin which is the problem cos I cannot think of anything else to why I have such slow speeds 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So what speeds do you get on the Google Mesh?

0 Kudos
Mattwfar
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Around 60 on average and i pay for 350.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The 350 you pay for is for wired speeds, not wifi.

You've also put the hub into Modem Mode with the Google Mesh, correct?

0 Kudos