cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move hub

ibbotson
Dialled in

Can someone from virgin please come back to me for a price to move my hub from upstairs to closer to my V6 box and TV downstairs plus setup a pod upstairs.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ibbotson 

I see you already have a wifi pod. If you want any additional wifi pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
You should be able to just move the existing wifi pod to the new location, plug it in and allow 24 hours for it to settle down. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ibbotson,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
The price to move your hub to a different room would be the standard call out charge of £25, we can arrange the appointment from here, if you wish to go ahead with 

Regarding a pod, we can arrange for that to be sent out to you and it can be setup by yourself with the instructions provided, you also qualify for 3 WiFi pods free of charge due to the package that you're currently on. I can also arrange that from here, would you like me to do that? If so, I will need to drop a private message over to confirm your account details and pass security checks.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L