cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Router

ColinBeds
Joining in

Hi All

I had my router installed a week ago in my office so that I could connect my PC with network cable. 

Unfortunately, this has meant that the wifi signal to my living room downstairs is cripplingly slow, 9mbps. I tried a 3rd party extender which made no difference at all. 

Is it possible to arrange to have the router moved to the downstairs location at all, and what would be the cost please ? 

Thank you

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Still got the Wireless Repeater ?

Place it mid way between the VM Hub and the living room.

Placing a Wireless Repeater where the signal is already too low to be usable ensure it will not function.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Still got the Wireless Repeater ?

Place it mid way between the VM Hub and the living room.

Placing a Wireless Repeater where the signal is already too low to be usable ensure it will not function.

Thank you for your response, I have tried the repeater in various locations throughout the house to no avail at all, it would appear that there is a black spot right where the TV / Firestick is located !

Hi there @ColinBeds 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with the signal in this particular location. I've checked our system and can see that you've spoken with the team since posting this. Were they able to help with this? If not, let us know, we'll be happy to assist.

Also, if you continue to see blackspots in the property it may be worth downloading the Connect App where you can run a scan of the property to see if our WIFI Pods will be beneficial, and if so, where's best to place them. You can find additional information on Pods and charges for this via our WIFI Max page.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I have an engineer visit booked this morning to see if moving the router will help in any way. The wi-fi signal is particularly dreadful from upstairs to downstairs, I get 138MBPS on my iphone upstairs, about 7 or 8 downstairs !!! I'm thinking a more central location and maybe add a router with my virgin router in modem mode, so I have been told by tech boffin at work !! 🙂 He happens to have a spare EUFY piece of kit that may help, it's so frustrating as the rest of the network is great and the speed is a welcome boost to working from home 

I'll keep you posted.

Thank You

Colin

Thanks for coming back to us ColinBeds, how did the visit go?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L