Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Move Hub?

Still persistent, regular WiFi dropouts with little or no help from VM. 4 weeks now. Working long hours so little time to diagnose issues.
Does moving the Hub 3 really make a difference? It’s in the corner of a room, about 5ft high on a shelf, no fish tanks or nearby TV/electronics. The fibre cable VM supplied is really short so I’d have to invest in a longer cable. 
before I do... ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Move Hub?

Hello

If you require the hub to be moved only Virginmedia can do this and as it is classed as a non fault callout this will be charged at £99, this is not something you can do or are allowed to do per the terms and conditions, as using non virgin cable can induce noise into the line affecting not just you but everybody on the same circuit and leave you libel for the repair costs etc.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Move Hub?

based on the cost of relocating the hub and it potentially making no difference you may as well buy your own better Wi-Fi equipment 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos