Menu
markpipa
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mostly lost WiFi and constant Orange light on Hub3

Hello all, first post so hope I've done this right.

I appear to have good wired broadband access but my Wifi has all but disappeared I am getting around 9mbps on devices next to the hub 3 but my Daughter and Son are now unable to connect via wifi and cannot attend their online lectures, things like Alexa don't work either although I have a VM supplied wifi booster in that room (cat 5 cable works fine using booster about 140 mbps).

I also have a constant orange light instead of white on my hub3 (see below)

I have unplugged my hub (3 times) and reset it (pin hole on back of plug also 3 times) and there has been no change other than maybe Wifi worse.

Can anyone suggest a course forward as the trust pilot reviews suggest contacting VM would be useless.

Many thanks

Mark

20210220_183814 (2).jpg

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mostly lost WiFi and constant Orange light on Hub3

Thanks for the post Markpipa and welcome to our community.

We can see that there are some WiFi coverage issues, is this affecting all devices or a select few? 

Have you already tried a pin hole reset?

How are wired devcies?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
markpipa
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Wired devices are fine it's the WiFi that seems have degraded to the point where some rooms don't get WiFi at all now and others drop in and out which is leading to issues for my Son and Daughter as they keep dropping out of lectures and things like Alexa that used to work don't any more and that's in a room with the Virgin supplied Booster.

As I mentioned I have powered down the hub 3 and also pin hole reset the hub 3, three times each and (let me check) completing a speed test on my phone (next to Hub3) I am getting 21mbps, I was getting 160mbps.

I also have a constant orange light on my Hub instead of the white one (picture in original post) I worry for my well being as the rest of the family use WiFi and are ready to lynch me, no matter how much I plead that it's not my fault 🙂 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If only through WiFi is the Hub out in the open, upright and away from other devices? 

The light may let you know that where it is currently it's starting to overheat, is it warm to touch?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
markpipa
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

The Hub is in an upright position the same position as it was before the WiFi started playing up, although it was never great it

was usable which it isn't now. Really got worse in the last week.

The hub feels normal to the touch the only sign of any warmth is at the top of the hub and certainly nothing that I would

describe as hot/overheating.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @markpia.  I am sorry you're still having issues with your WiFi connection.  Can I ask if you're currently using boosters?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos