Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

More than one router and tv box?

Hi all,

I am hoping that the Community can help with setup suggestions please.

We have just the one tv box and router downstairs at the moment, but we are looking for the best setup for the following:

Ground floor - one tv box + 4 computers 

First floor - one tv box + one PlayStation 4

With working at home + two teenage gamers we would preferred 4 wired connections to the 4 computers. They are all close to the tv box and existing hub, but I'm guessing we will need some sort of splitter to connect everything, is that right??

Upstairs the boys regularly complain that it is laggy and the WiFi drops out (usually if they are watching Netflix, YouTube or Amazon on the tv via the PS4 or the Amazon Firestick). Ideally they would like a wired connection and I'm assuming you have to have that if you want a second tv box - is that correct?

Any advice about suitable kit needed or suggestions about setup would be really helpful.

Thanks loads,

Cathy

P.S. We are on the Full House Bundle and M350 broadband at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: More than one router and tv box?

a 2nd TV box will not give you any network connectons you will need to run a network cable from the hub to where you need the upstairs connection. you can then add a switch to give you more wired ports upstairs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos