Menu
Stubcfc43
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Modem problems

Hi can anyone tell me why my virgin hub2 WiFi doesn’t work unless I keep having to reset it ?. Im paying all this money for a good service  but I’m not getting it. What annoys me most is Virgin are quick enough to put the price up mid contract when they like for so called upgrades to there service but when Ive asked for a new hub 3 to go with my v6 box they told me no I couldn’t have one i could only have the v6 box it’s disgusting how they treat there customers sometimes. They know they can treat me like this because no other company can provide there sorts of speeds. Virgin should appreciate There customers abit more I already  have 2 contracts out with them plus a mobile sim contract Surely they can afford to give me a new hub3. Disgusting.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem problems

You can get a new Hub3 if you like.  Problem is, when you call into offshore they test your connection and see it is perfectly fine (it is over cable) and their script says your wifi problem is just local interference, you sort it out.  So you need to play the game. 

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are planning to leave for Sky/BT because your SH2 wifi has stopped working.  They should either just send you out the Hub3 or arrange a technician visit - who wont waste any time trying to fix it s/he will just swap in a Hub3 right away.

If you wait on here, within a week, a VM staff person should pick this up and discuss something similar for you.

Or, you might consider doing what I and many others do which is to put the SH2 into modem mode and get your own wifi router - or awireless access point.  The Hub3 does have a few issues for some people - notably online gamers. The SH2 is a perfectly fine modem and it delivers me ~215mbps on ethernet and also on wifi with my router.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos