Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Modem mode

Hi 

Virgin tech came today to fix my broadband and found the problem was with a low signal in the cabinet. He replaced my hub as well, all working fine, I have a Netgear Ac3200 x6 router which I installed at the same time but when we put the Virgin hub into modem mode I loose network on my V6 box and am unable to watch anything on catchup.

The v6 box was also connected to the virgin hub not the Netgear, 

I have turned the WiFi off on the Virgin hub and have everything running through the Netgear, 

I though I would ask as the tech didn’t know why it was doing it.

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem mode

I presume the V6 is connected by WiFi. Have you got the same SSID names on the VM hub as your own router? If you have, then the V6 should just pick up your routers WiFi when the VM hub is in modem mode. If the SSIDs are different, you must have the wrong SSID in the V6 if it only picks up the VM hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply

Everything is connected via Ethernet, I thought it was the old virgin router giving us trouble but when the tech replaced the router I tried again later and had the same problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When you connect your router to the hub in modem mode, all the other three hub LAN ports become inactive. You must now do all connections to your router.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos