Menu
tony-1977
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode

I have 7 devices on my home LAN with fixed IP addresses (192.168.0.xxx). If I put the superhub in modem mode and connect my own kit, will those fixed ip address need changing, or will they be picked up by the new kit? It’s a home cctv system and changing the fixed IP addresses will be a pain. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Modem Mode

If you setup your own Router with 192.168.0.xxx addresses, then yes they will be picked up.  Also make sure any static IP's you are using are outside the DHCP scope you setup on the new Router.

0 Kudos
tony-1977
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Great thank you 🙂 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I hope you mean real static addresses in the actual devices. Many people refer to static addresses that they set in their hub/router and these are in fact “reserved IP addresses” totally different from static addresses.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
tony-1977
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Real static ones for each device 👍

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tony-1977,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

We are glad to see that @Adduxi was able to answer this for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tony-1977
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Been looking the Tenda AC19 AC2100 router. What’s peoples thoughts on this please? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BJ1FFLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_91XWFJTF6CX3RB85BSS6?_encoding=UT...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Cheap. Not all that great. If you're only planning on spending £50-£60 you're better off sticking with the VM Hub.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Should be ok - albeit Tenda have a bit of bad press on here for poor quality.

In general people prefer TP-Link, Asus or Neatgear equipment. This TP-Link one is a similar price but better, Asus/Netgear may be a little more expensive , but then again.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-A7-Wireless-Combined-Supports/dp/B00416PTDW/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tony-1977
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The Vm hub is struggling with dropping WiFi. VM say there is nothing wrong and are blaming the fact that I have a home cctv system connected to it. 7 cameras. Using wired connections. All wired stuff is fine. They recommended a new router. 

0 Kudos