Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode Super Hub 3 -> DLINK DSL-3782

Hi.

As I really need to change my IP address because of DDOS attacks I am trying to connect my superhub 3 with another router DLINK DSL-3782. The problem is that after activating the modem mode somehow the internet doesn't work from DLink router. Most likely I will need to change something in settings, but I don't know what exactly. Can anyone help? thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem Mode Super Hub 3 -> DLINK DSL-3782

Are you connecting to the correct socket on the Hub?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do. The internet from the cable works okay, but the wifi doesn't. Seems like I can connect my laptop to dsl3782, but there is no internet somehow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

There is a "set way" of doing this. Try this way.

Dont have the router on. Put the hub into modem mode and wait for the base light to turn magenta. Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm, the Hub is connected to the router and you can get internet from the router using a cable but no WiFi from the router?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

the DLINK DSL-3782 is a DSL router not a cable router.

From what i can see it wont work with cable

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Ahmm it's a bad news. I also have a router Super Hub the first version. I was hoping that I will get a different IP by just swaping the routers (super hub 3 with the super hub (1)), but this SH1 doesn't give any internet connection at all somehow. Maybe it's because I was just holding this router in the wardrobe for few years..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

the SH1 will no longer be activated on the account, you can only have one hub activated per account.It would of been disabled when you activated the new SH3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It will have been deactivated by VM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that won't work, the Superhub 1 would have been decommissioned from your account when you got the 3. VM won't reactivate it now it is officially a doorstop.

0 Kudos