cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing power cable for mini box

BarnsleyGav
Tuning in

Hi, seen a couple of posts regarding this but can't seem to access them.

I recently upgraded to multiroom and received a mini box. Unfortunately, I have come to use it today for the football and found I have a power cable for the hub 5....I've tried Web chat, what's app and called with no success. Also, since having the hub 5 my WiFi pod doesn't work and I can't seem to reset it, only getting 17mbps in one room on a 1gb contract so really need the pod. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your Pod and Hub may not have been "activated" correctly onto your account - call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your Pod and Hub may not have been "activated" correctly onto your account - call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the advice I think I have sorted it now. I received half of the power cable through....no plug section, they are sending me another out. The pod wouldn't work after they reset it so are sending one of those as well.
Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Update :

I received a call from Virgin informing me my pod needed activating, I explained that their colleague had activated it for me but they insisted they didn't. It is now working. I also received the plug section I needed. Unfortunately, it was for the Hub 2 instead of the mini box and totally wrong for my kit. 

I have now been sorting contract problems out since June the 11th and firmly believe that Virgin customer service is at best extremely poor but more likely borderline incompetent.

Back onto the phone then....

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @BarnsleyGav,

Thanks for providing us this update and sorry to hear this has happened, I can see you have since spoke to our team regarding this issue, were they able to provide further assistance? 

Joe

Hi Joseph, I'm hoping so. They are sending me another one out so fingers crossed, I'll give you a nudge if its not the right one.
Thanks Gav 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are not the first to complain about power leads etc.  It seems when the returned equipment is repackaged for the next customer, the level of Quality Control is a bit lacking. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Joseph, hope you are well 

I have now been sent a plug that makes my Virgin wall socket (even though I don't need one) go live, completely wrong for the 4th time. This is despite me giving them the model number and serial number of my mini box. 

Could you help me with the power cable/plug section for the following mini box to allow me to access my multiroom?

Model - 1008c-STB-VM HUMAX SERIAL NUMBER - GAHW30510AAU.

Totally lost faith with customer service and don't know what to do now. Hope you can help, Gav

We're sorry you're still awaiting the power supply for your equipment, can you post an image of the equipment so we can make sure the correct replacement is sent?

Rob

Hi, wondering if any forum members can help me with the power cable? Getting frustrated now with customer service.

Gav