Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Minimum WiFi on M500

Hi - I’ve been trying to contact virgin for around a month as struggling with minimum WiFi on M500! I’ve tried everything, factory reset, rebooting, connect app does not allow me to do a black spot check! I’ve tried messaging via virgin media app but receive error message saying unable to contact to virgin. I’ve just waited on hold to virgin for another hour for it to cut off. When I call the recorded message says I can see you’ve recently contacted us for help but I get none. Virgin media app error says oops there’s a problem! HELP PLEASE! (I’m not technical at all!) TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Minimum WiFi on M500

What do you mean minimum Wi-Fi?
There’s no guaranteed or minimum speed for Wi-Fi.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My laptop and phone say they are connected to WiFi but my pages won’t load, everything takes ages. In the app it says please connect to WiFi but my settings say I am connected to it?! My virgin apps say please connect - but I am? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have tried that twice and a month ago the automated virgin call did say they were sending a boost but no improvement

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What are your wired speeds like?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just asked my son and he says it varies from 26kb/s to 400mb/s at no particular times 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How are those speed tests being carried out and from what device?

And is that when wired direct to the hub and not via a switch or powerline or extender plug?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Via his Xbox - wired. It comes up what speed it’s downloading when he’s gaming

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Testing via a console is never accurate.

You need to use a desktop or laptop with a gigabit Ethernet port and a CAT5E or better cable.

0 Kudos