Menu
TE44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft Teams

Hi,

I know this topic has already been covered but apparently I am supposed to start a new thread. I have the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 with 350mb. It all works well, except when I use Microsoft Teams: during a video or voice call I experience lags, buffering and disconnection. My wife has exactly the same problem on her laptop. We both use laptops that are mid/top range (so unlikely to come from the laptops). It happens even if nothing else (e.g. Netflix) runs in the background. We connect to the router via wifi from a room above or next to the one where the router sits (so not a long distance - especially since I can watch Netflix with no problem from these same rooms). Can Virgin Media help?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Microsoft Teams

Are you using VPNs ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

If you connect the laptop to the Hub by ethernet cable instead of wifi, do you still experience the issues?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
TE44
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do, as it is for work (I should perhaps have mentioned that). It is "Global Protect". I am not too IT savvy though... 

0 Kudos
TE44
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have not tried but I cannot work in the room where the router is though
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Try disabling the Hub Firewall.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@TE44 wrote:
I have not tried but I cannot work in the room where the router is though

3 points

1) This was a "test" to see if the issue is just with the wifi or whether there is a network connection issue - you dont know which.

2) You can connect on ethernet in the room you work in - 10/20/50 meter runs of ethernet cable are cheap and can be trailed over carpet etc, to the Hub temporarily for the duration of the call then packed away - or flat cable is easily concealed between carpet and skirts (if you have them of course 🙂 ) or can be run concealed in other ways

3) If its fine on ethernet, you may be able to use powerline adapters or simply get your own wireless equipment to improve the signal where you devices are

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
TE44
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

You mean the websafe and F-secure?? It is all off

0 Kudos
TE44
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

OK I'll definitely try
0 Kudos
TE44
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What powerline adapters or wireless equipment would you recommend? Something like a wifi booster? I am looking for something easy to use
0 Kudos