Menu
Highlighted
Johndawson400
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft Teams Wi-fi drops

Every time i take a voice or video call on Microsoft Teams on my laptop, the connection to virgin media immediately drops and won't reconnection. Why is Virgin media not compatible with Teams? This is really problematic as I need Teams for work.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Microsoft Teams Wi-fi drops

Does it drop on wifi only or also if you connect the laptop directly to your Hub (which model is it?) via an ethernet cable ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Works fine for me.

I'm on a Teams Meeting right now actually...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

Works fine for me.

Riveting meeting is it Gary?  😀

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ScottCaldwell97
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

This sounds like an issue with your laptop - have you checked your WiFi driver is up to date?

Whenever I use Teams at home on a VM connection it is always rock-solid and stable.

Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

Works fine for me.

Riveting meeting is it Gary?  😀

Oh absolutely 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Johndawson400
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its a hub 3. I've not tested yet plugging straight in, as its not exactly convenient to be tethered to the wall for a business online meeting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Johndawson400
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Laptop is about 3 months old and works fine for everything else so very much doubt its that.. why would that only affect Teams?

I've had a previous issue with Virgin not connecting to a work VPN, which seems to be a common problem with Virgin.. it feels like the same sort of problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Johndawson400 wrote:

Its a hub 3. I've not tested yet plugging straight in, as its not exactly convenient to be tethered to the wall for a business online meeting

Its really just a "test" not a solution - to see if the issue is simply a poor wifi connection or something else.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos